We all are bounded with many stresses around us; rather it is the force of gravity or the workplace’s tension. Of course, no one cares about the external or even internal stresses until unless it starts jeopardizing the quality of life and the productivity scale. Most probably, the pain that you’re experiencing in your lumbar area is because of the faulty posture or sitting in the same position for long hours. So, to throw out this sort of pain from your life, you should begin doing the Bridge exercise on a daily basis. Glute bridge exercise is the core strengthener besides with balance booster. So, this pose works on all your important areas that need to be stronger and empowered.
How to perform the perfect Bridging exercise?
Though performing the exercise is good for your health. Below are the following steps that you should execute to get most of the effective results of the bridging exercise.
- Get into the supine lying
- Keep your back in contact with the mat along with letting your hands rested on the sides. Palms should face downward with fingers pointed forward.
- Keep your neck in neutral position.
- Tuck your tummy in
- Make sure that you should keep your feet under your knees. Don’t let your knees fan outside. Try to maintain the control of the knees precisely.
- Raise your hips off the floor so that your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Squeeze your tummy besides with buttocks.
- Hold about few seconds. Then, come back to the starting position again.
- Repeat this exercise up to 10 times more.
Erector spinae, hamstring, glutes, and quadriceps work in the bridging exercise. However, all of them compose the main group of muscles, important for mobility, stability and balance maintenance. In other words, the Bridging is the core strengthening exercises which makes a drastic difference in the power of the core muscles.
When your muscles are accustomed to the basic bridging exercise, now, it’s high time to challenge them more and optimize their overall strength. Lets’ take a glance at the amazing bridge-variations,
- Single-leg Bridge Hold
Come into the standard bridging position. Then, raise one leg up to 90 degrees. Start raising your core toward the ceiling by maintaining the leg position appropriately. If you feel this quite difficult, reduce the repetitions.
- Table Bridge
- To do the Table Top Bridge, start seated on the ground with your feet flat on the ground in front of you and your hands on the ground behind you.
- Squeeze your glutes and lift your hips up as high as you can. Lean your head back and press your chest out as you bridge up. Really feel a nice stretch across your chest and shoulders.
- Keep your core tight as you bridge up. Try to create a “table” with your body.
- Drive your hips up as high as you can without hyperextending your low back. Really squeeze your glutes at the top.
- Hold for a few seconds at the top then lower back down and repeat.
- Keep the core engaged and even do a pelvic tilt at the top so that you engage your glutes without hyperextending your low back.
- Advance version: one leg table bridge.
After doing the Glute Bridge Exercise, your body gets the following benefits:
- Strengthens your lower back, abs and thigh muscles (hams and quads).
- Improves cardiovascular fitness and endurance level
- Treats the lower back pain
- Enhances the balance and coordination
- Corrects the faulty posture
- Makes the spinal curves more in shape
When implementing the glute bridge exercise, you should stay focused on your exercise. Because little mistakes can taper down the entire effects of the exercise, it’s your job to stay oriented while performing the glute Bridging exercise.
- Neither closes your feet nor apart from them excessively. Actually, proper feet position provides the base to your entire exercise. So, make sure to keep them in a neutral position.
- Don’t excessively lift your butts to the ceiling. Because, if you’re a beginner, you’re more vulnerable to the lower back. So, try to keep the pace of the exercise in moderation.
- Don’t break the rhythm of the breathing. If you’re not inhaling and exhaling the air, your muscles are not getting the enough oxygen’s supply. Hence, try to exhale while lifting your butts towards the ceiling.
- Don’t forget to squeeze your glute when lifting your butts. Squeezing the glutes will help to tone and trim the butts more rapidly.
Though, you will follow the steps of the glute bridge exercise accurately and exactly, but, you should also keep following tips in your mind while preparing for the perfect glute bridge
- Widen your arms out to the sides to increase the base of support and stability.
- Make sure that you’re not over-lifting your butts
- Keep your neck in the neutral position.
Glute Bridge exercise is more powerful than your expectation. No equipment are actually needed; just need your motivation and enthusiasm! Stay positive, be fit and look good!!!